Food Waste Management and Treatmentin Food Waste Management and Treatment
About this course
The course aims to raise awareness and build capacities for effective food waste prevention at different stages of the food chain, including processing and manufacturing, retail, restaurants and other food services, as well as households.
The course is especially geared towards learners from emerging economies, such as UAE, GCC Countries, South Africa, Pakistan and India, where consumption habits are quickly changing and setting up food waste prevention systems can have a great impact in the short and long run.
This executive course will cover in-depth the topics of different stages of the food chain, including processing and manufacturing, retail, restaurants and other food services, as well as households.
Who Should Attend?
Food Waste management is a management program. It aims to introduce you to key waste operations best-practices and processes.
- · Senior Manager
- · Operations and supply chain managers
- · Food committee
- · Quality manager
- · Food waste manager
- · Food safety Officer
- · Food Safety Auditor
- · Food Executive
- · Risk management
- · Logistics
- · Academics and researchers in food
- · Anyone who has background in Food Sector
The aim of this program is to give proven, practical strategies to guide you in the food waste industry. This program is for all organizations involved in serving all Markets, Manufacturing Companies, Industries, and Wastage Area.
In this way, the program will: provide insight into trends and emerging requirements in the different stages of the food chain, including processing and manufacturing, retail, restaurants and other food services, as well as households.
- · Explain how much food is wasted every year and the impact it has on people, the environment, and the economy.
- · Define the role you and other stakeholders play in food waste prevention.
- · Identify ways to measure and account for food waste at various stages of the food chain.
- · Describe effective measures to prevent food waste throughout the food chain.
- · Outline measures to the minimize food waste wherever prevention is not possible.
End of Course
After completion of the course, students must undertake the exam. Once the exam is passed, it is considered as end of the course.