ISO 19600 Compliance Management Systemin ISO 19600 Compliance Management System
About this course
ISO 19600 is a standard that outlines the best practices for establishing, implementing, maintaining, and improving a compliance management system (CMS) within an organization. A CMS is a framework that helps organizations identify, assess, manage, and monitor compliance risks, including legal and ethical risks.
I. Introduction to ISO 19600
- Overview of the standard and its purpose
- Key terms and definitions
- Benefits of implementing ISO 19600
II. Understanding the Compliance Management System
- The components of a CMS
- The relationship between a CMS and other management systems
- The importance of risk assessment and risk management in a CMS
III. Implementing a CMS based on ISO 19600
- Steps for establishing a CMS
- The role of top management in implementing a CMS
- Identifying and assessing compliance risks
- Developing controls and procedures to mitigate risks
- Monitoring and reviewing the effectiveness of the CMS
IV. Integrating ISO 19600 with other standards and regulations
- The relationship between ISO 19600 and other standards (e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 14001)
- Compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Industry-specific compliance requirements
V. Auditing and Certification to ISO 19600
- Internal auditing of the CMS
- Certification to ISO 19600
- The benefits of certification
VI. Case Studies and Practical Applications
- Real-world examples of CMS implementation
- Practical tips for successful implementation
- Interactive exercises and group discussions
VII. Conclusion and Next Steps
- Review of key concepts and takeaways
- Developing an action plan for implementing a CMS based on ISO 19600
- Ongoing support and resources for maintaining and improving a CMS
Who should attend and its benefits
As mentioned in the course outline, the ISO 19600 course is suitable for individuals involved in compliance management, including compliance officers, legal counsel, risk management professionals, internal auditors, and quality management professionals. The course would also benefit senior management, including CEOs, CFOs, and COOs, who are responsible for the overall governance and strategic direction of the organization.
The benefits of attending an ISO 19600 course can be numerous and significant, such as:
1. Better understanding of the compliance management system framework: Attendees will gain a comprehensive understanding of the components of a compliance management system, the relationship between a CMS and other management systems, and the importance of risk assessment and risk management in a CMS.
2. Increased knowledge of ISO 19600: The course will provide attendees with a detailed understanding of the ISO 19600 standard, its purpose, key terms and definitions, and how it can benefit their organization.
3. Improved compliance management skills: Attendees will learn how to identify and assess compliance risks, develop controls and procedures to mitigate risks, and monitor and review the effectiveness of a CMS.
4. Enhanced ability to integrate ISO 19600 with other standards and regulations: The course will provide attendees with insights into how ISO 19600 can be integrated with other standards (e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 14001) and help them comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
5. Practical application of knowledge: Attendees will have the opportunity to apply their knowledge through case studies, interactive exercises, and group discussions, which will help them understand how to implement a CMS based on ISO 19600 in a practical setting.
6. Certification and recognition: Attendees who successfully complete the course and meet the certification requirements can become certified to ISO 19600, which can demonstrate their knowledge and expertise in compliance management and enhance their professional reputation.