The aim of this training course is to train selected delegates in the safe use of overhead traveling cranes in their workplace. There are many types of cranes but Overhead Traveling Cranes are commonly used. If they are maintained to a good standard, operated in the correct fashion, and the people who use them are properly trained then the hazards that arise from their use will be controlled.
This course is designed for companies needing training for safe use of Overhead crane. It is a great tool for continuing education or can be used as a refresher for previously trained crane operators and trainees.
* Introduction to Crane and Sling Safety
* Basics of Crane Safety
* Handling the Load
* Basic Safety Concepts and Techniques
* Lifting Factors
* Working Rules of Slinging
* Types of Rigging and Slinging
* Safety to an Appropriate Level of Awareness
* Handling of Load-Sling Angles
* Standard Hand Signal
* Types of Cranes and Hoists
* Protective Equipment
* Inspection Testing and Maintenance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
*All overhead crane and hoist operators
*All hoist and crane maintenance personnel
*Safety program managers
*Production area managers and Plant managers
*Experienced Crane operators resulting from a review of skills to eliminate bad habits.