The powder may be a thermoplastic or a thermoset polymer. It is usually used to create a hard finish that is tougher than conventional paint. Powder coating is mainly used for coating of metals, such as household appliances, aluminum extrusions, drum hardware, and automobile and bicycle parts. Newer technologies allow other materials, such as MDF (medium-density fiberboard), to be powder coated using different methods.
* Types of Powder Coating (Thermoset, Thermoplastic)
* Types of Powder Spray Gun
* Hazards Involved
* Prevention of Powder Dust Explosion
* Health and Safety Risks
* Dust Explosion and Fire Hazards
* Removing Powder Coating
* Air Compressor for Powder Spray
* Safe Use of Powder Spray Gun (proper PPE)
* Burning Process for Powder Spray
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
* This course will be particularly useful to those responsible for the introduction and use of coating powders and for those, who on a day-to-day basis, wish to apply them efficiently and effectively.
* It is helpful if delegates have some knowledge of surface coatings and the principles associated with their application and use.